Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chez Tinski


This is a roadside restaurant on the road to Sikar from Jaipur. A Nazi haven interestingly enough!!!


...just kidding, the swastika is actually an age old (dated back 3000 years or so) Vedic (old Hindu) cross or religious symbol. It was adopted (stolen) by the Hitler nd the Nazi's as their logo in the 20's. Right tinski?? It's funny cause you see it everywhere here in India, but its just a traditional cross, just freaky seeing it so much. And of course when I saw it I could only help but think of our whacky pal, the Tin-man. This is where I imagine he would most of his meals in India.

1 comment:

Tinski said...

Quite true, quite true. I would eat there alot! Your facts are correct, congrats! I miss you! Look forward to many more glorious updates!